Community Support Services - Additional Information
OUR SERVICE INTERRUPTION PROTOCOL
The EORC strives to offer services and programs that are planned with the safety of clients, caregivers, volunteers, and staff in mind. Consequently, all transportation services will be cancelled if the Ottawa Carleton District School Board and/or the Ottawa Carleton Catholic District School Board cancel bus transportation for the day. Local radio stations and www.ctvottawamorning.ca start broadcast cancellations at 6:15am.
Every attempt will be made to provide access to essential services and basic needs however we encourage stocking up 7 days worth of non-perishable food items or frozen meals and bottled water during the winter months. In the event of other emergency closures or cancellations every effort will be made to inform clients of the cancellation and/or closure. Please note that fees for any services cancelled at the discretion of the EORC will not be charged to our clients.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO YOUR PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY
Your Personal Health Information (PHI) is important in allowing us to provide you with better services. Often times this information is used when performing assessments to determine your health and support needs. Your assessment may include details regarding your physical and mental health and your personal health history.
Unless instructed otherwise, we share your assessment information through a secure electronic system with other health service providers who will also provide you with support and the services you need.
If you have agreed to share your PHI, the information in your assessment will be used to:
- Provide health support and services based on your needs
- Ensure your providers have the most up-to-date and complete record of your health history and needs
- Help us determine gaps or overlaps in your care so we can provide services where they are most needed
- Ensure everyone is getting the right support and services
The personal health information collected in your assessment belongs to you. The privacy and protection of your PHI is a priority. In the assessment, we only collect the health information we need in order to determine your service and support needs. This information cannot be used for any other purposes without your permission.
- PHI is stored and/or disposed of in compliance with the law and is only viewed by authorized service delivery personnel
- All health service providers have signed contracts to keep your PHI confidential
- When a person views your information, it is recorded in a log. This log is reviewed regularly to ensure there has been no unauthorized access to your information
- We will investigate any suspected privacy breach or unauthorized access to your personal health information
Please speak to your usual care provider or our Privacy Officer, if you want to: View your own assessment, correct your assessment, or opt-out and not share your information with other health service providers.
Our Privacy Officer
215-1980 Ogilvie Rd, Ottawa, ON K1J 9L3
Privacy Commissioner of Ontario
2 Bloor Street East, Suite 1400,
Toronto, ON M4W 1A8
Telephone: 416-326-3333 or, 1-800-387-0073
FEES AND PAYMENT
To remain a sustainable not-for-profit organization and ensure support to our community, some services require a direct fee. Subsidies may be available to low income individuals pending a financial assessment.
The month following service delivery you will receive an invoice. Payment methods include:
- Mail: Post a cheque for the amount owing to 215-1980 Ogilvie Rd, Ottawa ON, K1J 9L3
- Phone: Call 613-741-6025 Ext: 123 to pay by Visa or MasterCard
- In person: visit 215-1980 Ogilvie Rd., Gloucester or 1515 Tenth Line Rd., Orleans and pay by cash (exact amount) or cheque.
- Automatic Payment: Request a Pre-Authorized Payment Form to pay automatically by Visa or MasterCard
- On-line or at the bank: Add a payment account at your financial institution to pay on-line or at the bank.
Should you need to cancel any of our services, please notify us 24 hours in advance. Failing to do so will result in a 100% charge to your account.
Honour a loved one by providing much needed support to older adults in our community who require some additional assistance. Donations stay in the community and help older adults and people with disabilities live independent, active, and meaningful lives at home.
To donate, please visit our website at www.eorc-creo.ca or call our office at 613-741-6025 ext: 123. Tax receipts available.